- Tuesday 24th April - Artist in Residence
- Wednesday 25th April - Morningside Nursery and Morningside School - Visit
- Friday 27th April - Workshop - Morningside School - Golden Spys
- Monday 30th April - Women in Hackney Workshop 'Grandmothers'
- Tuesday 1st May - Artist in Residence
- Monday 7th May - Women in Hackney Workshop 'Grandmothers'
- Tuesday 8th May - Artist in Residence
- Wednesday 9th May - Milfields Primary School Year 5 Girls - Workshop and Performance 'Writing Girls into the heart of the story'
- Friday 11th May - Morningside Primary School Golden Spys and Recycled Teengers - Workshop and Performance
- Saturday 12th May - Make a show with your Grandparent - Open to the Public - Workshop and Performances
- Monday 14th May - Women in Hackney Workshop 'Grandmothers'
- Tuesday 15th May - Artist in Residence
- Thursday 17th May - Women in Hackney evening Performance
- Tuesday 22nd May - Pages of Hackney Poetry and Music evening event
- Wednesday 23rd May - Morningside Nursery and Morningside School - Workshop and Performances
- Thursday 24th May - Compassionate Neighbours St Josephs Hospice - Workshop and Performance
- Saturday 26th May - Make a Show with your Grandparent - Open to the Public - Workshop and Performances
- Sunday 27th May - Xenia - Workshop and Performances
Intergenerational Workshops and Shows
We are delighted with our 6 week residency program at Sutton House. Caravan is arriving this week! The National Trust theme for the year is WOMEN and POWER so we hope to reflect this is all our work. By inviting participants to place women and girls at the heart of the narrative as well as working with women and girls of different ages.
The project is however open to everyone.
To sign up for the Make a Show with Your Grandparents please email us at email@example.com
In Spring 2018 The Gypsy Caravan Theatre will come and live in the garden of this unique National Trust House in the heart of Hackney. Working in collaboration with community groups from around the borough, new and diverse Theatre companies will be formed and shows will be created.
The National Trust theme this year is : Women and Power. A theme we love very much. So in all our work on this project we will be inviting participants to be placing girls and women at the heart of their stories.
Watch this space!
The Gypsy Caravan Theatre arrived in the Lakes with no show to speak of.
The families of Kendal Calling took part in the workshops and made beautiful, funny and creative shows that they performed on the little wagon stage. Despite the rain and mud imaginations were brought to life and Mum, Dads, Grandparents, Children, Friends and Carers surprised them selves in performed their little shows to the public. Hooray for them!! What a lovely weekend.
We will be doing our first UK tour this summer. Inviting families to become theatre companies where they will take part in writing, creating and performing their own little shows on the wagon - all in the space of a day! Let the spontaneity begin!!
Kendal Calling 27th - 30th July - LAKE DISTRICT
Just So Festival 18th - 20th August - CHESHIRE
Ramsbottom Festival 15 - 18th September - MANCHESTER